Pitching Depth, and Three Shooting Stars
Darren Black and Brett Ballantini are back with the Farm podcast, talking over recent injuries depleting the system, as well as three bright spots, all at the same position — and no, for once, it’s not designated hitter!
- The serious lat injury to Jonathan Stiever reduces the starting depth in the system to essentially zero
- If the White Sox had to have just a few standout players in the system this season, thank goodness those standouts are middle infielders like Romy González, Yolbert Sánchez and José Rodríguez
- A little bit of Yoelqui Céspedes chatter, who has his eye, like Romy, on Chicago in 2022
- The Arizona Complex League team has a lousy record and not much pitching, but the bats are alive there
- Darren offers his picks for September call-ups this season (just two this year). One recovers from a mysteriously lingering injury, the other represents the last upper-level arm left in the system
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player:
or follow along with every episode at Apple Podcasts or Spotify, or wherever you consume your podcasts. Or, you can watch the podcast on the South Side Hit Pen YouTube channel.
Check out our appeal section for all your White Sox Gear